Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Is In The Air

Whenever I am tempted to whine or complain about my lot in life, I hear my mother in my head telling me to count my blessings! Although at times I am tempted to say, "Count This," I know she is right.

Spring is truly a time for renewal. Whether you celebrate Easter or Passover, it is good to take stock after a long, hard winter and just enjoy G-d's glorious earth. Today the sky is blue, the sun feels warm on my face and there is a little nip in the cool breeze that brings the smell of the fecund ground awakening. This morning I heard the bird my father called Pedro singing his name to the others of his kind heralding a new dawn and his return to warmer climes.

New shoots are poking through the softening turf promising color and fragrance. In Vermont, the sap is running and the deer are abundant. There are so many wondrous sights, smells and sounds, that it is impossible not to be affected by their presence. Go outside and breathe it all in and then come back an leave me a comment.

No comments: