Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wanderlust

I have been afflicted with wanderlust ever since I was a wee child. I had an old beau who used to tell everyone that I'd go for a ride across the street. Now that I'm older, I have more refined tastes. My new criteria is that I'll go anywhere as long as I've never been there before.

Oh I understand the people who go back to the same vacation home every year and see the same "summer people," but honestly I couldn't do it. There is something wonderful about visiting a new place. I love the sounds, colors, smells and the people. It's even better if it's a different country or language. I don't mind sounding or feeling like a dope as I try to communicate as I've had no trouble depending on the kindness of strangers.

My ultimate dream, of course, is to travel the stars. For years I've wanted the USS Enterprise to come and take me to boldly go where no one has been before.

Maybe it's a genetic thing or an aspect of my insatiable curiosity or, could it just be spring fever?

2 comments:

Tina said...

yeah I understand. my parents were thinking of getting a summer house in Maine or Vermont, but they didn't want to be tied down. it's so much better to have new experiences!

t k noegel said...

I also have a wandering spirit! The only thing that ties me down right now is my greater desire to get this chapter of my life (education) the heck over with. =)

One day, though, I'll see the world ... Even if it's just one summer at a time. ;)